Catalog: Details List 106-11
Walter, A view of the Watering Place at Tenian, 1767. 8 x 17. BW. Left margin rough, else VG. The Spanish called this island Bonavista and stocked it with cattle and poultry, left to run wild, to supply passing ships. The population had been relocated to other islands in 1718. Ruins of buildings appear among the vegetation which includes breadfruit trees. An officer (Anson?) looks on as sailors fill water barrels. The Centurion is seen at anchor. Sold
How to place an order and shipping details.
| || |